Taking two different genres and mixing them together has been around for a long time, we have seen RPG’s mixed with Bejeweled, action titles and now we have another entry in the short list of side scrolling shooter RPG’s available. Sector Strike brings 2.5D game play to Android gamers along with a fair bit of role playing elements such as upgrading weapons with money found in the levels by defeating enemy ships.
While not easy in the later levels (have gamers gone that soft?), Sector Strike does give you ample time to upgrade, it is not like you hit a virtual wall of bullets on level 2 or something (Mars Matrix, I am looking in your direction and just about anything from Japan in the early years of the new Millennium). Enemies come at you with set patterns and leave the screen, nothing new there but the challenge comes from the sheer number of enemies that fill the screen- many dropping a few bullets your way.
Upgrading your ship is essential to surviving the later levels of Sector Strike otherwise you will find yourself hitting that wall of death. Even with careful upgrading and dedication, you will still hit quite a bit of challenge later, but that is what gamers want, right? Who wants to play a pushover of a game?
- Review: Rimblade by Gremlin Games Mobile on Android Using the Zeepad 7″ ICS Android Tablet
- Review: Contract Killer on Zeepad Android Tablet
- Review: Train Conductor 2 by The Voxel Agents on The Zeepad 7″ ICS Android Tablet
- Review: Hellfire by Mobage on the Zeepad 7″ Android Tablet
- Review: Absolute Defense by Defcon Studio on the Zeepad 7 Inch ICS Tablet