Anyone that remembers the old days of gaming when we had overhead scrolling shooters that were cool, interesting and challenging without being obnoxious with the bullet count will be right at home with Wingbreaker on iOS by Riggerman Games. Blasting enemies, collecting power-ups and more abound in this throwback to a simpler, many would say more fun, time.
If you are a fan of titles like Axelay and it’s slanted forward scrolling overhead levels you will like Wingbreaker, though not as slanted, there is no real way to see very far ahead of your ship. Harrier EX, Firepower 2000 and Tiger Heli fans will probably find something cool here too, though you are not controlling a helicopter (in overhead shooters, does it really matter?).
Wingbreaker by Riggerman Games
Genre: Overhead Scrolling Shooter/Blast EVERYTHING On-screen
Available now on the iTunes App Store.
- New Overhead Scrolling Shooter, Plasma Sky, Blasts Onto Google Play and iTunes
- Review: Rimblade by Gremlin Games Mobile on Android Using the Zeepad 7″ ICS Android Tablet
- Retro Themed iOS Titles on Sale
- Total Recoil Dual Stick Shoots It’s Way Onto iTunes
- Review: Absolute Defense by Defcon Studio on the Zeepad 7 Inch ICS Tablet